June 2016- Present
- Tell stories visually and editorially to engage readers.
- Design and edit multiple print products daily (news, sports, and features) for several Gannett newspapers.
- Write headlines, captions and trim stories as required at an extremely fast, daily pace.
- Collaborate with team members and editors on special projects, issues, and design challenges.
- Place photos and pull stories from wire services for publication.
- Use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign to design pages, as well as use the Gannett’s CCI Newsgate editorial platform to manage content assets and publish pages across all media channels.
August 2015-May 2016
- Produced two magazines that won 4th Place in Best Student Magazine in the South, from the Southeastern Journalism Conference in 2017.
- Led the successful re-branding of the magazine, including name change, logo re-design and website and social media updates.
- Managed marketing and advertising efforts for all publications.
August 2015-May 2016
- Wrote opinion articles and recruited and trained new columnists to write for the newspaper.
- Updated content and editing standards and communicated those changes to writers.
- Designed the two-page opinion section layout every week and provided opinion material for publication.
- Assigned stories and maintained and enforced deadlines.
August 2014-December 2014
- Updated the focus of sports content to include more features instead of just play-by-play game updates.
- Created a weekly section and was awarded 7th Place in Best Newspaper Page Layout Designer in the South from the Southeastern Journalism Conference in 2015.
- Wrote, copy edited, and designed articles for the sports secti
Corporate Communications Intern
August 2014, January 2015, May 2015-July 2015
- Crafted/planned content on several health topics that were distributed to hospitals and used in news articles.
- Wrote and edited communications materials on management transitions, service extensions, and acquisitions.
- Completed communications plans, press releases, newsletters, and various internal communications publications and collateral materials.
- Provided support to the team by research, editing, and compiling reports.
Full resume and more work samples available upon request