Print Production Specialist
January 2019 – Present
- Design and edit daily news sections for Tribune Publishing’s media markets.
- Collaborate with editors regarding the design and layout of content.
- Write headlines, captions and trim stories as required.
- Use Newgate, Arc Publishing CMS to gather and plan content for the paper.
June 2016- December 2018
- Designed and edited multiple print products daily (news, sports, and features) for several Gannett newspapers.
- Utilized a thorough understanding of how to use color, display typography, grids, photo illustration, and breakout information to create compelling pages.
- Used Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Newsgate platform to design pages that visually engaged readers.
August 2015-May 2016
- Produced two magazines that won 4th Place in Best Student Magazine in the South, from the Southeastern Journalism Conference in 2017.
- Led the successful re-branding of the magazine, including name change, logo re-design and website and social media updates.
- Managed marketing and advertising efforts for all publications.
August 2015-May 2016
- Wrote opinion articles and recruited and trained new columnists to write for the newspaper.
- Updated content and editing standards and communicated those changes to writers.
- Designed the two-page opinion section layout every week and provided opinion material for publication.
- Assigned stories and maintained and enforced deadlines.
August 2014-December 2014
- Updated the focus of sports content to include more features instead of just play-by-play game updates.
- Created a weekly section and was awarded 7th Place in Best Newspaper Page Layout Designer in the South from the Southeastern Journalism Conference in 2015.
- Wrote, copy edited, and designed articles for the sports secti
Corporate Communications Intern
August 2014, January 2015, May 2015-July 2015
- Crafted/planned content on several health topics that were distributed to hospitals and used in news articles.
- Wrote and edited communications materials on management transitions, service extensions, and acquisitions.
- Completed communications plans, press releases, newsletters, and various internal communications publications and collateral materials.
- Provided support to the team by research, editing, and compiling reports.
Full resume and more work samples available upon request